BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Idea

This is my plan: I am a photographer; an artist at heart. I am also fascinated with the paranormal, which, in a roundabout way, leads me to this blog. This last summer, I went on my first "Ghost Town Run" I plotted out a map of nearby ghost towns and the family and I went for a drive. I got some neat photographs and saw some really crazy places. Recently, I decided I am going to continue on my travels throughout Oklahoma photographing the ghost towns and perhaps even go outside the state to some other exciting places. My ultimate goal (which has been my goal for many, many years) is to make it out to Bodie Ghost Town in California. If you have never seen photos of this place, it is well worth checking out.
What better way to start this all off than with a little local exposure. Here are some I recently took in Bixby.

This one I am still trying to get the story on. Based on some preliminary research, I think there's a connection to George Wiles, a man who owned a hardware store in Bixby in the 20s-30s. I came across this off a lawsuit I read about. Will confirm this if I can get ahold of someone at the Bixby Historical Society. So far, no luck!





2 comments:

  1. These are neat! I can't wait to see what stories you uncover. If you fancy a trip to just outside the state, run up to Cherryvale, KS, and see what you can find on the Benders :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Sarah's friend, she sent me a link to your blog. I love this sort of stuff! I did a story on ghost towns in Oklahoma a few years ago for Oklahoma Magazine and drove out to some abandoned little towns around here. There are some fascinating stories out there. Especially in Arizona and California and places like that too. Good luck with your blog! Looking forward to reading about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete